SilverSneakers Pulse Survey
Between November 16 – 23, 2022, the SilverSneakers Pulse survey asked seniors about their physical, mental health and wellness. Key findings included:
Fitness / Physical activity
- 93% of SSF members currently participate in physical activity. A similar number, (95%) plan to exercise in the next three months.
- A higher proportion of members are currently engaged in gym activities than earlier this year
- More than half, (56%) currently belong to a gym that offers SilverSneakers, mostly using cardio and weight equipment and attending fitness classes
- Just over half, (53%) report participating in a SilverSneakers digital offering in the last 3 months and 89% plan to continue in the future, with four in ten planning to participate in both in-person and digital classes.
- Eating habits remain similar as earlier this year with a higher proportion of members report better eating habits, (36%), than worse eating habits, (7%) compared to three months ago.
- About one in eight members, (13%) are concerned about their own food security
- A similar proportion of members are classified as lonely compared to three months ago, while most members continue to engage with friends and family digitally
COVID-19 Perceptions & attitudes
- Members continue to be less concerned about a COVID-19 outbreak and are more comfortable socializing in public places, compared to earlier in the year