Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion at Tivity Health
At Tivity Health, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe we can better serve our colleagues, customers, members and partners with a DREAM for a more equitable tomorrow.
DEFINE internal and external diversity and inclusion initiatives
REFLECT underrepresented groups in our colleague, partner and member bases
EDUCATE and engage all those that we serve to elevate the learning and the conversation focused on all dimensions of diversity, especially the primary dimensions of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental/physical ability and age
ACT on our learnings
MEASURE the success of our efforts so that we can share best practices on what is working with other organizations and seek support for our challenges and gaps
At Tivity Health, our vision is to create and nurture an environment where all colleagues have a seat at the table and all voices have the opportunity to be heard. That means we recognize, acknowledge and celebrate our differences and our backgrounds – the things that make us unique. It means we have engaging, robust, and honest conversations surrounding equity and inclusion where diversity of thought and continual learning is the norm.
Our goal is to strengthen these conversations and the talent of our colleagues to advocate for culturally-relevant products and services to meet the needs of our members, customers, partners and stakeholders.
Tivity Health’s D & I efforts are led by a colleague Diversity Council, with committees focused on internal and external efforts. Each committee is charged with identifying and executing activities that support the Council’s six goals:
- Define (and refine as needed) a diversity/inclusion vision and charter
- Continuous communication to colleagues and the Board
- Ongoing advocacy for culturally relevant products/service strategies
- Implement colleague education and engagement program
- Implement strategies for diversity and inclusion in talent attraction,
retention and advancement
- Establish process and outcome measures for diversity and inclusion efforts
- Unconscious bias training for all colleagues
- Monthly Listening & Learning Series
- CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion Day of Understanding activities
- Weekly learning opportunities offered through LinkedIn Learning and other external sources
- Leadership discussions on challenges, goals, and accomplishments
- CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion CEO Pledge
- Increase multi-language class and member experience opportunities
- Spanish language website for SilverSneakers members
- Ongoing federal government relations advocacy for health equity
- Leader and convener of Healthy Aging Coalition, which includes public, private, non-profit and academic partners who address senior issues, including those affecting diverse and underserved populations.